Welcome to Mobiserv – a European research project on smart technology, started in December 2009 and running until September 2013, by 8 partners from 7 countries, representing care organisations, universities, research institutions and industry.
The objective of the Mobiserv project was to design, develop, and evaluate beyond-state-of-the-art technology to support independent living of older adults as long as possible, in their home or in various degrees of institutionalization, with a focus on health, nutrition, well-being, and safety.
Support has been delivered in indoor daily living situations, and the implementation has been based on the user-acceptance of the technology and understanding of the user’s context of use in order to truly addresses user needs.
Mobiserv has developed a personal intelligent platform consisting of various devices, middleware, and services. The Mobiserv platform consists of the following:
- A social companion robot – an autonomous robot, containing processing power, data storage capability, various sensors, machine learning/experience gathering/adaptation, a touch screen, speech synthesis, and speech recognition;
- Wearable smart clothes – implementing various functionalities such as monitoring of vital signs or sleeping patterns, and detection of falls;
- A smart home environment – including smart sensors, optical recognition units, and home automation elements, to detect among others eating and drinking patterns, activity patterns, and dangerous situations.
The prototypes developed are open, both in the sense of being built using open-standards and in their ability to be expanded with new functionalities and components.
Objectives & Results
To read, see and experience what the Mobiserv team has achieved, please have a look at the extensive Results section, which includes results per project year, photos and videos.
Visit our News & Events section to stay up-to-date about the latest Mobiserv news, current activities of the team, the latest results, and upcoming events where Mobiserv will be presented and/or demonstrated.
To learn about the project’s detailed and ambitious objectives, have a look at the Objectives section of this website.
An impression of the final results of the Mobiserv project (2013).
- Project Name: An Integrated Intelligent Home Environment for the Provision of Health, Nutrition and Well-Being Services to Older Adults.
- Project Acronym: MOBISERV
- Project Reference: FP7-248434
- Strategic Objective: ICT-2009.7.1 ICT & Ageing
- Budget: € 3.600.742
- Project Start Date: 1st of December 2009
- Project Duration: 45 months
- Project End Date: 31st of August 2013
- Project Coordinator: Smart Homes
This project has been co-funded by the European Union