Welcome to Mobiserv – a collaborative European research project, started in December 2009 and running until August 2013, by 8 partners from 7 countries representing care organisations, universities, research institutions and industry.
Objective of the Mobiserv project is to design, develop, and evaluate beyond-state-of-the-art technology in an intelligent and easy-to-use way, to support independent living of older adults as long as possible, in their home or in various degrees of institutionalization, with a focus on health, nutrition, well-being, and safety.
Support will be delivered in indoor daily living situations, and the implementation will be based on the user-acceptance of the technology and understanding of the user’s context of use in order to truly addresses user needs.
Mobiserv is developing a personal intelligent platform consisting of various devices, middleware, and services. The Mobiserv platform consists of the following:
- A social companion robot – an autonomous robot, containing processing power, data storage capability, various sensors, machine learning/experience gathering/adaptation, a touch screen, speech synthesis, and speech recognition;
- Wearable smart clothes – implementing various functionalities such as monitoring of vital signs or sleeping patterns, and detection of falls;
- A smart home environment – including smart sensors, optical recognition units, and home automation elements, to detect among others eating and drinking patterns, activity patterns, and dangerous situations.
The prototypes developed will be open both in the sense of being built using open-standards and in its ability to be expanded with new functionalities and components.
Objectives & Results
To learn about the project’s detailed and ambitious objectives, have a look at the Objectives section of this website.
To read, see and experience what the Mobiserv team has achieved until now, please have a look at the extensive Results section, which includes results per project year, photos and videos.
Visit our News & Events section to stay up-to-date about the latest Mobiserv news, current activities of the team, the latest results, and upcoming events where Mobiserv will be presented and/or demonstrated.
- Project Name: An Integrated Intelligent Home Environment for the Provision of Health, Nutrition and Well-Being Services to Older Adults.
- Project Acronym: MOBISERV
- Project Reference: FP7 248434
- Strategic Objective: ICT-2009.7.1 ICT & Ageing
- Budget: € 3.600.742
- Project Start Date: 1st of December 2009
- Project Duration: 45 months
- Project End Date: 31st of August 2013
- Project Coordinator: Stichting Smart Homes
This project is co-funded by the European Union